Laura and Jackie who ran with me. They qualified, too...so I'll have great training partners.
The fabulous Thanksgiving meal I indulged in to refuel. Between my mother-in-law, Rhonda, good friend, Jenn and myself, we cooked up a mean meal.
The amazing pies that I ate way too much of last night, am eating right now, and that still reside in my refrigerator. (Jenn, don't be surprised if a partially eaten pumpkin pie reappears at your house.)
The kids who entertained themselves together for at least 5 hours straight.
Settlers of Catan. I suspect the Kirwans introduced us to the game simply so they would have people to crush on a regular basis. And although I have yet to achieve victory against them, I still enjoy the ritual.
And last, but CERTAINLY not least, the faux brick floor that was removed from my kitchen today, only to discover another faux brick kitchen floor underneath it!
Faux brick kitchen floor #1
To the past owners of our home, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? How could that have EVER been an acceptable choice of flooring? But that's okay, because the beige flooring you see next to faux brick kitchen floor #2 will soon adorn our kitchen. It will be there until we can afford to totally gut the whole thing. A whole heap of gratitude goes to Gary, my father-in-law for heading this mammoth project.
Happy Thanksgiving--I hope your holiday weekend has been just as wonderful.
9 comments:
The beige looks like what we have in our kitchen. I have to say that the most recent brick is better than the original!
Congratulations on qualifying for the marathon. That's awesome! Sorry you've still not beaten the Kirwans at Settlers. But there's time. Love that kitchen floor. Yum yum!
Good job on qualifying!
What's your Catan strategy? Try diversifying the numbers on your hexes.
I think my strategy is not to have a strategy. I think strategy helps minimially, actually. Chance really dictates the game. What do you mean diversifying the numbers? We put them on randomly each time.
ohhh I'm so jealous of your Settlers game. I need to find more people to play more than once a year.
those pies make me want another slice, we had a large crowd at my parents and the ratio wasn't as high enough to satisfy my craving. :)
congrats on qualifying! what a great accomplishment.
ps I keep hoping to find something great under our carpets and flooring but continue to be sorely disappointed at the abundance of linoleum....I feel your pain. but the temporary fix is quite nice.
Way to go on the race!! I'm so excited that a marathon is in your future. I wish I could be your running partner too.
The floors are just hilarious. But that line up of pies is amazing! Seriously.
Congrats, Jana - you are amazing! Did you see our times? You finished almost a full minute before us - great job! I'm so glad we saw you after the race, and those are fun pictures, I will probably borrow them for my blog!
Your pie pictures are so delicious.
Hey Jana,
How are you all doing? We are enjoying VA.
Email me and I will send you a link to our blog.
melanie.peterson@sbcglobal.net
Post a Comment