We have a boat load of leaves here in Maryland. I love autumn right up to the point where all the leaves fall and I have to clean them up. And in the spring time I gaze up at the massive trees in our area and think about how all of those fresh little leaf buds will be my nemesis in about 6 months.
Samantha has hit some developmental milestones this month. She has improved her skills of getting her slimey little paws into everything.
(If you find yourself enamored of my faux brick kitchen floor and lace kitchen curtains, don't worry you're not alone. They are the new thing. You see, we Bowcuts are trend setters. We're sometimes met with raised eyebrows when we introduce such radical new styles, but others come around. You'll see.)
And Samantha is perfecting the art of talking on the phone--I assisted her in getting the phone in kitchen. When she picked up the phone and put it to her ear, she said "Da Da". I thought that was rather darling--she knows her Dad is often on the other end of the phone during the day.
And she actually took her first steps last week! (Walking pictures will follow in a future post.) Crawling is by far the preferred mode of travel, but I'm slightly relieved that her legs do work properly and I won't be carrying my child on my hip indefinitely.
We also had a fun package arrive in the mail--this beautiful bouquet of exotic flowers! Brian's parents recently spent 3 weeks in Hawaii and ordered this gorgeous bouquet of proteas which will be gracing my Thanksgiving table. I've never seen anything like them.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, that flower arrangment has got me green with envy!
I love the violin recital photos. I remember sitting at my boys' first piano recital nearly getting tears in my eyes at the milestone aspect of the event.
And I'm totally laughing about the brick floor and lace curtains. Just introduce it as the new "Cozy Cottage" look.
Well Sam and Luke just must be soul mates because I could have replaced your picture with mine and kept your commentary :) I didn't even know that 4 year olds started playing instruments! Is she taking private lessons?
Ella looks so grown-up in her dress and on stage! what a big event for her. and you. :) you got some great pics from your nuisance leaves.
Post a Comment