Remember about a year ago, we held a meeting about a little book called “Twilight”?

And do you remember how unkind I, and several other women were about the book?
I may have contributed to discussion threads such as:
-Poor Bella-stuck in an abusive relationship; the repeated injury and abuse kept her coming back for more.
-What messages about adolescent romance does this send to our daughters?
-Stephenie Meyer is no J.K. Rowling.
-And really, could you squeeze any more romantic mush into a book?
However, the past year has given me time to reflect on the story a little. I do think it's creative, granted it's no classic piece of literature. So...yes, I did read subsequent books in the series. And yes, I do think Edward is hot. And I just saw the movie and may need to go again (how can such a low-budget, poorly-made movie be SO GOOD???). And I just downloaded the soundtrack on my iPod.
Please do not think less of me.
8 comments:
ha ha ha. I haven't even read it. There is something about the vampire thing that I just can't get into.
I heard somewhere the author is LDS.
Oh no, Jana, not you too! What about the author's constant failure to correctly use the subjunctive tense?
I read the first one. Didn't love it. But I did see the movie last week and it was better than I had expected.
oh Edward....
Just kidding. I totally got into them as well. Once I picked them up, I could not put them down. at first I was a little embarrassed but now I've embraced it as my brain candy. I also have a whole new respect for the author since I hear she typed it with ONE hand as she was nursing with the other. Any woman that can make millions while nursing has my respect!
I made Nate see it with me. I think he secretly liked it.
I don't think less of you Jana.
I myself put off reading the series for quite a while. Then I started it to see what the fuss was about... and read the entire series in a weekend. Then I reread it to get what I missed the first time around. It's not a classic, but it's still a great read... =)
Nate-- not only do you blog, but you went and saw Twilight with your wife??? What a keeper you are.
I'm often embarrassed to admit, but I've read all the books too. :)
Jana,
When your ready to see it again, let me know!!!
Post a Comment