Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our problem

We have a small problem. Our house is causing us a bit of angst. Here is our house in February:

(Yes, that sign says "Under Contract")

Here is our house today:

You may be thinking, "you have the pictures reversed, Jana." Oh, how I wish. February picture was taken after having the house on the market for SIX days. We had multiple offers, got over our listing price...we were flying high. So we went and bought a new house. How excited we were. Then our buyers decided to take a job overseas. Broke the contract, just like that. So here we are, selling our house, AGAIN. Been on the market for three weeks, and because our house is on the market during the time of year with the highest inventory, we still have a "For Sale" sign out front. And we've promised to still buy the new house. We have loved our little Silver Spring house--it will always hold a place in our hearts as our first home. But we are moving on, and quite frankly, we'd really like to see it go. Don't worry, we'll keep you posted. There will be much celebrating on the Bowcut Bulletin when our little abode is in the hands of some new owners.

1 comment:

holly b said...

yikes. how hard this must be. how is this going to work with your new home?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. it's such a beautiful home and you've done so much to make it that way!

we keep checking on our house that the relocation company bought from us. it's now on the market for $299k, a whole lot less than it was originally listed for and we were paid for it. I was just looking through the photos. I really miss that yard.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new place!