Friday, November 23, 2012

A Thanksgiving Report

I've fallen behind on posting--but it's been a busy few days preparing and celebrating Thanksgiving. We've had family in town and beautiful weather. 

We started our Thanksgiving with the Annual Turkey Chase in Bethesda held very close to our home. Megan, Ella, Samantha, Lucy and I ventured on the 2 miler. We tried to sustain a run for as long as possible, but there are simply too many walkers in the 2 miler to run for too long. It feels great to get some exercise in the cool air before you fill yourself on heavy, rich food. 


Ella told me that this was the last race she was doing this year. I told her that was fine--we'd start up again in January. :)

And a job well done celebrated by bunny ears and bagels. Two of Ella's good friends were on the course with us. 

The 2-mile team

 And the 10K team. Brian conquered the 10K and did great! 

And then the Thanksgiving festivities occurred at my parents' home. We were lucky to have both of my brothers named Andrew, along with their wives. Sarah won the award for being most willing to clean the turkey.

I agreed to sit at the kids' table with the girls, since they were feeling a little put out that they were at a kids table. We quickly deemed it to be the "vegetarian" table and prohibited all turkey from coming our direction. I will try to remember next year that my kids really do not like the Thanksgiving meal and will feed them before hand. I just need to be realistic about it--they won't eat it and who wants to fight over food consumption at Thanksgiving dinner? 

Chloe and Drew--we are so happy she puts up with him.

You know who that is

And I had to enlarge the following pictures so you can see how tolerant Drew is of three girls pounding on him. Perhaps after his football days it just feels like a good massage. They cannot get enough of wrestling their uncle--it's like they're deprived of physical contact at home. 


And Lucy finally warmed up to the other Andrew 

And got in a good nose honk, too. 

What good, tolerant and patient uncles my girls have. 

No comments: