Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meet Rhonda and Gary.

These are my in-laws and they have super powers. It’s true. They fly in for a week bearing gifts and babysitting children, and magically transforming our house while they’re at it . How many houseguests have you had in your life who leave your house better than when they came? I’m not talking about cleaning up after themselves, or lending you a hand to do the dishes (though, they do that too). Our house has genuinely benefitted from their stay.

Here is a sample:

A new kitchen floor installed (and there has been much rejoicing)!


A new sink installed in the girls’ bathroom. I am getting my paint brushes ready to complete the kitchen and bathroom transformation.


A new wreath thingy to add to my holiday décor. The previous owners of our house left this mysterious, moose and tree wire wreath thing. Very random, but I was intrigued. I asked Rhonda for some ideas and POOF before I know it, it’s done. How DOES she do that?


And the icing on the cake—3 new window treatments in Ella’s room (couldn't fit the third one in the picture). And they are DARLING. (Oh yeah, the duvet on Ella's bed--it's a Rhonda creation from a visit about two years ago.)For some reason Ella’s room is the first absolute completed room in the house (painted, window treatments, etc). We certainly aren't helping her "world revolves around me" complex.


We are truly grateful, and fortunate to have such talented, giving parents. Don’t you wish you had a Rhonda and Gary, too?

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love those curtains. How nice to have such handy in-laws.

Annee said...

That's amazing. And it was especially thoughtful of you to save so many items on the to-do list for them to-do.

I'm still laughing about your Twilight post. I never thought it was a book worthy of a book club selection. But under the catagory of "summer reading", I feel like it deserves very high marks.