Last week my friend Denise “tagged” me to supply a list of quirks. I will admit, I rolled my eyes and thought, really who wants to hear about my own mundane quirkiness? We all have it, I know. And actually, Denise’s was quite amusing. But why sum it all up in one post? I mean I’d feel better about it surfacing gradually.
And then as I was out for my morning run today, I was thinking about how one of my quirks is that I was probably personally responsible for the abrupt end of dozens of "chain" letters throughout my childhood. I disliked them, didn't believe they'd work (because I knew there were others like me). I was almost always the weak link. I think tagging is a lot like electronic chain letters--and I will stay true to form and probably not tag anyone further. However, during my run, I did come up with some random tidbits of my life. It’s a little more interesting and not so self-incriminating.
SO…betcha didn’t know:
-I took the MCAT (medical school entrance exam) in college, but never opened my scores. Seriously. Didn’t even peek. It drives Brian bonkers.
-I know how to implant human tumor into the epaxial muscle of mice. I have a lot of rodents in heaven waiting for me.
-I have had dinner with a US Supreme Court Justice. As in, I sat right next to him.
-I have climbed Mt. Sinai with a camel literally breathing down my neck. They are so gross.
-I swore a hundred times that I’d never marry a boy from Utah.
-I was once pulled over and ticketed for violating three traffic laws at once. (My 16-year old brazen self took it to court and got off because the police officer didn’t show up.)
-I once washed a load of white clothes with a dead bat. Lots of Clorox followed.
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment