I interupt this blogging absence to report that I experienced my first
earthquake this morning.

(The dots are where people reported feeling tremors.)
It woke us up at about 5am this morning--a whopping 3.6. I know it's piddly compared to those on the West coast, but it doesn't take much to excite us Easterners. Blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes--see all that the DC area has to offer?
2 comments:
I remember there was an earthquake within the first few months we were living in DC. Oh and Hurricane Isabel too. Man, I miss all the excitement!
Woke me up out of a sound sleep - I thought I was dreaming and then when I got up and turned on the TV it was confirmed. Lots of excitement with people who felt it - I don't recall that sensation before and I've lived here all my life. Denise was visiting with her family but they slept right through it.
Post a Comment