Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eat Your Heart Out

An update is sorely needed, but to tide you over until I manage to get my act together, here is a scrumptious June recipe that I think you need to try. Why has it taken me 32 years to realize that chocolate strawberry shortcake would trump the yellow kind?
It would make a scrumptious Father's Day dessert...here you go.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Strawberry-Shortcakes-238533

I think I rolled my cakes out a little too thin, but it gave us extra shortcakes, which went next door to our neighbors so Brian and I could withstand the temptation of a second helping. So I guess you could say that's the reduced-fat version. I also didn't use the part of the recipe for the strawberries--we just like ours with cream and lightly sugared berries.

You won't be sorry!

An update will hopefully come in the next couple of days...


PS- there was a flurry of excitement in the Bowcut household yesterday when 2 mystery boxes of pirate booty showed up at our door.
Every flavor you can imagine--I didn't know they made it in so many flavors. It's our 3 month supply. The girls think we struck pirate booty oil--and request it for every meal. Who knew that p. booty could bring so much happiness to two little girls?
(The mystery was solved when Brian informed me we had dinner the other night with the East Coast sales representative for Pirate Booty on Saturday. I suppose I missed that part of the conversation.)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Yum! (on both items!)

Alison said...

That looks SO good. I never thought of using chocolate instead of yellow either, but have now seen the light.