Saturday, September 20, 2008
Gross.
What do you do when your house is plagued with crickets? A plague of biblical proportions...well, not really--it just felt like it. A one-on-one confrontation with such a shadowy, lurking, large, jumping, insect I can cope with. But when I’m out-numbered…I don’t deal. We’ve seem them occasionally in the basement, but they seem to be particularly fond of the back porch. In attempting to finish cleaning it out, I discovered their favorite hiding place was behind some sheets of wood belonging to shelves for our storage room, leaning up against the back wall. You can see here how big and nasty they are.
Would you want that jumping out at you? And as I pulled out the last piece of wood, you can see how many were there. (Notice the camera is not focused on them because I was so grossed out I couldn’t take the time to focus it properly.) It gives me the heeby jeebies just looking at that picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yuck. We have had issues with spiders in this house. It is impossible to get them all. At least they don't jump. If you still have the issue at Christmastime, let me know and I'll send Jackson right over to catch them for you. He'll be in heaven.
bleh. It must be that time of year. I just read another MD friends blog and she's having issues with them too. We had them in our basement there in the fall and I always had to deal with them doing laundry. bleh. they entertained our cat though!
Post a Comment