Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lucy at 10 months

So this is my problem with blogging...I'm too detail oriented. I feel like I have to capture every significant moment, which I simply don't have time for. And then they start to pile up and the task begins to be too daunting and so then I don't do it. Half our summer was left undocumented--violin camp, our beach week with the Kirwans, various outings. And now the last 1.5 months is mostly undocumented. So I here begin AGAIN--striving to capture recent moments before the memory of them dissipates.

Recapturing Ella's birthday is a priority (and will have to wait until a quiet moment tomorrow), but first I have to show off my cherub 10-month old. She is the most darling baby there ever was. I cannot keep my lips off of her. I don't remember eating my other children as much as I do her. She is so soft and chunky, she nestles herself right into my shoulder, and she is totally more of a mama's girl than my other two were.

I think it's our blue eye connection.




In Bowcut girl fashion, she is not yet mobile. According to our pediatrician, their big heads slow them down. But she is showing interest, which is more than I can say for Ella and Sam at this age. Actually, she can move by pushing herself backwards. We left the back door open from the family room into the screened porch and she almost scooted herself right out the door. Generally, she seems to get wedged under a chair, couch or piano bench before she gets too far.
I adore pictures of Ella reading to her younger sisters.
And when I get bored at soccer practice or pushing children on the swings, I take self-portraits because who else is going to take pictures of me with my children at odd moments throughout the day?

More recaps are on the way. Hopefully before Lucy turns 1.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

She is SO cute! I love that you are blogging again! So fun to see pictures of you all! Miss you guys!

Denise said...

she is so cute! I love that the big heads slow them down. I haven't heard that before, but it must be my kids issue as well.

Annee said...

I love when you make blogging come backs! Happy almost birthday to you and Ella! I think of it because it's birthday month around here too.

holly b said...

so cute! and a bit YES to your first paragraph re blogging. my family is very undocumented this year.

i know what you mean about kissing the baby. I feel like I'm always "eating her" whenever I pick Hazel up.

B Ready to Read said...

You two have such beautiful children!

XXXXOOOO

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I love your photos of your girls, and Lucy's eyes have the prettiest hue of sky and sea. Looking at your self-portraits, I noticed that your skin has such a lovely glow - it must be your healthy vegetarian habits. : ) I also get overwhelmed with blogging and I get discouraged when I fall behind. But I know I look forward to your posts, whenever you do!

Cordell and Sarah said...

I need your email (if you want our Christmas newsletter). Merry Christmas! We miss you guys.