Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hawaii- Part II- The Wedding

The voyage to Hawaii was mostly driven by my little brother, Drew's wedding (though, a girls' trip was incentive enough). Drew and Chloe have been engaged the past year and a half and got married in Maui, which is where Chloe is from originally. They were married at the Four Seasons Hotel there on the island, which is extremely picturesque. We are delighted to have Chloe as part of our family--she keeps Drew in line!

Here are highlights from the day, some of these pictures are courtesy of my uncle, Doug Spring.

The Setting


Pre-wedding pictures
This is a pic of me and all six of my siblings. We all live in very different parts of the country (Oregon, Washington, California, Missouri, Florida, Maryland, Georgia), and so it's a rarity that we are all together in the same place. My father, Russ, said that one of his highlights from the day was seeing the seven of us standing there having our picture taken. That may be the ultimate best part of a wedding is the reunion of family. We're kind of a crazy mix, but we had a great week together and were glad we could all be there to support Drew and Chloe.
A stunning picture of Drew with my parents, I think.

The Wedding









The Reception

We had a lovely evening together--Brian and I were at a table with the rest of my siblings (with the exception of David, who was the Best Man) and we had a fun evening. (We apparently won the award for the most virgin pina coladas ordered at one table.) Chloe's lovely mother, Anny, is a florist in Maui and of course did all the flowers for the wedding--they were exquisite.

The first dance

Drew and my Mom on the dance floor (doesn't she look stunning in her fuscia dress?)

Fortunately, there were no mishaps with this dance move

More reception pics

We danced the night away, with my studly nephew TJ showing us how it's done.

And this was the sunset we watched while eating dinner. Postcard perfect.




And just because I KNOW you're not tired of Hawaii pics yet, there is STILL more to come. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

The Bingham's said...

I LOVE that picture of all seven of you. So amazing!! I am still in awe of how tall Drew has gotten, geez!! Looks like you all had an amazing time. Congrats to Drew!!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Wow!! What a fabulous wedding and you seven are a good-looking bunch. I love the vibrantly hued dresses you and your mom wore!

Alison said...

I don't think that I could ever be tired of Hawaii pictures. You look fabulous!

Denise said...

Ah, heavenly. Your mother did look amazing, as did you. I'm so jealous!

Liz said...

You all look great. Uncle Russell looks especially hip in that suit, I like it!

Elaine said...

You are right--I'm definitely not tired of Hawaii pictures! So glad you had such a fun time with your family. And...I'm completely jealous of that girls trip! So fantastic!

hdknowles said...

I have to say that I love your dress - very attractive. The photos are great - and I wish someday we could have a reunion in Hawaii - glad you got to go.