Friday, May 7, 2010

Sidekick

Batman had Robin



Sherlock had Dr. Watson

Peter Pan had Tink

Lucy had Ethel

just like....
Ella has Sam


Every day their little lives become increasingly interdependent.
I see it when Ella reads books to Sam.
When Sam insists on being present and involved in E-V-E-R-Y one of Ella's violin practices.
Or when Ella talks emphatically using hand gestures and Sam stands beside her copying the same gestures.
And the giggling and singing to each other after lights out.
Or when I wake up at 4am to Ella standing at the side of my bed to tell me she had a bad dream. And then see Sam standing right there next to her.
Dynamic Duo

Thick as Thieves

Two Peas in a Pod

Or just simply SISTERS.


PS- Jen, aren't they SO darling in their dresses? I adore them.

PPS-Happy Happy Birthday to my favorite mother-in-law, Rhonda. She's one of the most thoughtful, talented and skilled people I know. Hope your day was fabulous!

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I LOVE this post! Your girls are too cute. I hope they always adore each other.

Denise said...

That is so great. We have that too with Jackson and Luke, although it depends on the hour whether or not Jackson appreciates it or not. They are so sweet...

Alison said...

Adorable. I was the Sam to my sister who is 22 months older than me. As we got older, I was so sad whenever she went to a sleepover, and even when she left for college. I think that Sam will feel that way about Ella forever.

Unknown said...

It might just be Ella and Sam's?

holly b said...

very sweet. I love that last photo especially. I've been od-ing in matchy-match girls clothes lately.

it's funny with our girl-boy-girl+baby lineup and the school schedule in there, we get sidekick change-ups throughout the day. Eva and Henry. Henry and Nea. Eva and Nea. All Three Musketeers. By the time the older two are in school, I imagine Hazel will be Linnea's faithful sidekick!