In short, here are some highlights from my trip:
-A three-day date with my husband. We ate at restaurants that do not have children’s menus, had UNINTERRUPTED conversations, slept in late and got to go to an art museum and actually enjoy the exhibit. Ironically, the visiting exhibit at the Boise museum was an Ansel Adams exhibit—if you’ll remember that was on the agenda at our last art museum visit with the kids, but temperaments did not hold out long enough. We also walked through a nature preserve and no one complained about how much their legs hurt. (I realized at the end of the trip that I had done a poor job of getting pictures. However, I am very much relieved that this one is in the archives.)
-I was pleasantly surprised by Boise. It is a lovely city. A bustling downtown, many people ride their bikes, very family friendly, and actually jus t plain friendly. People seem very happy living there.
We are deeply grateful to my parents for giving us this weekend to ourselves. A weekend away is wonderful, and when you don’t have to worry for a second about whether your kids are happy or safe, it makes it that more enjoyable.
So…June is in full swing, and still our Dad remains in Idaho. That’s a whole lot of time for a couple of girls to not have their Dad around. Ella frequently reminds me that she and Samantha miss Brian more than I do because I got to see him most recently. So we’ve Skyped, sent love notes to help minimize the void,
but still…we miss him terribly. The good news is that Brian has had the type of role he wanted in this case, and is tucking some good experience under his belt. When I was there, I was informed by his co-workers how brilliant he was in the courtroom. I certainly wasn't surprised, but it was nice to hear given that it’s not something that would ever escape Brian's lips.
The end of Brian's participation in this phase of the case seems to be dragging endlessly. We get hopeful about a date, just to have it postponed. We continue to plug way, doing our best to stay busy in hopes that the time goes faster. We have...
Gone to Ella's violin recital.
Samantha feeling pretty big at her sister's pre-school party.
Kept cool in either...
The Backyard
Or Cold Stone Creamery.
All accessories were hand-picked by Samantha: head band, pacifier, sweater and purse. How proud I was as a mother when I noticed how color-coordinated she was. Coincidence? I think not.
And so, we press on and continue to look forward to all being together again.
2 comments:
Best blog post ever. It seems all three of my ladies have gotten that much cuter since I left, and you were all cute to start. Oh, how much I miss you all. We're getting close!
i know your visit to ID was a while ago, but this was such a cute post. You are one serious trooper. I mean it, I really admire you. I hope your'e doing well...being your VT I should be the one babysitting, and bringing food to you! I'm horrible. I know you'll say my new baby is an excuse....but no excuses! i've been a slacker. I still need to return your dishes from when you brought ME dinner! it was delicious by the way!
Post a Comment