Pictures are an integral part of remembering. Quite often the only reason we remember a certain event in our life is because we have a picture of it. Certainly I have lots of memories without pictures to accompany them, but the only reason I remember making sugar cookies at the table with my Mom when I was 4 years old is because I have a picture of me sitting at the table with knarly hair and a rolling pin. The only reason I remember my bright yellow stir-up pant outfit with lace headband and bicycle-dangly earrings is because of the picture. Or the fact I dressed as a Native American for my 6th birthday party (most of my birthday parties consisted of costumes--its hard to keep them straight) is the picture.
I know I can't photograph or video tape every minute of my children's lives, but I do try to capture moments of them that will forever influence their memories of their childhood. Here are a few choice ones.
Lemonade Stand #?

Ella is getting quite the taste for business as she has now helped her friend sell lemonade several times. It's a great deal given that our neighbor supplies the ingredients and the stand and Ella comes home and puts quarters in her piggy bank. Nice work Ella!
Sisters Reading

I literally sprinted up and down two flights of stairs to grab the camera for this picture. These two are a great pair--Ella loves to read and Sam loves to be read to. I loved the two of them in the rocking chair with Ella's arm around her little sister before bed. My heart was putty.
All the World's A Stage

Elevated cement slab + a favorite dress + public audience in downtown Baltimore= a prime dancing venue.
A Basketball Star in Embryo

Samantha L-O-V-E-S balls, but basketballs in particular. She loves to shoot them in her small hoop and would watch me shoot them at our next door neighbor's all day long. She claps when I make the diaper shot into the diaper pail and yelps when I miss (and then she graciously goes to pick it up and put it in for me.) I'm thinking her love of the game combined with her aggressive tendencies--we've got college paid for.
Who am I kidding? These pictures may punctuate their childhood memories, but most importantly they'll punctuate mine and Brian's. When they're long gone cultivating new lives of their own, I just don't ever want to forget how happy they made our home.
2 comments:
Such cute photos! You do a good job of capturing the special every day moments.
Beautiful pictures and such a sweet post...
Post a Comment