Monday, July 14, 2008

Kickin' Back

Life in St. George rolls at a slower pace. Given how busy the last month has been for us, it has been a very welcome respite. We are staying with Brian's parents, and also enjoying the company of his brother and family. We arrived last Thursday and our days have been filled with visiting, playing with cousins, golfing, naps, card games, shopping, really good food, and playing in the water. Strong emphasis on playing in the water.








Sometimes, my mind slips back into DC mode and I momentarily miss the schedule and predictability of my days. But then when I remember the ringing phone, traffic, piles of boxes and endless errands, I grab my book and a Fresca and enjoy the moment. We truly have been spoiled--Saturday night, Brian's parents treated us to a night to see Les Miserables at Tuacahn, a beautiful performing arts venue outside of St. George. Tomorrow, Brian and I take off sans kids to hit the Utah Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City. Yeah, real life can wait a bit longer.

2 comments:

holly b said...

most definitely it can wait! what fun times. I love the shot of Ella sneaking in the back door..... :)

Annee said...

How fun to get away with out the kids. It's always a huge boost to the morale. Have fun.